The 10 Best Lights for Running at Night (Buyer's Guide)
Our review team sifted through hundred of running light options on Amazon to find the absolute 10 best running lights for running safely in the dark or at night. Here's what we recommend:
Our Top Pick: NIGHT RUNNER 270 SHOE LIGHTS
Shoes with lights! We have really progressed a lot in terms of convenient technology. These night runner shoe lights are rechargeable, weatherproof, and customizable as well. You can take them hiking, running, jogging, training, in the rain or the snow, they're tough and durable!
There are two Led lights, one on each shoe, with 150 lumens brightness. They can light the way up to 30 feet ahead, and the rear red lights keep you visible. They have three intensity settings: flashing, high, and standard, for complete darkness and lowlight conditions. Plus, they are strongly built with a tough, weather-resistant exterior.
part from the tech features, the shoes don't compromise on the aesthetics either. They have a fun color palette and a quirky, comfortable design.
- These shoe lights are weatherproof and resistant to harsh environments.
- They have a convenient battery life of 2 to 5 hours.
- They allow 360 degrees visibility.
- The shoes are incredibly lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- The design and color palette is also quite impressive.
- These shoe lights are a bit pricey compared to other competitors in the market.
- To charge them, you have to take them off because the ports are under the shoes.
- You don't get any color or design options in this model.
Our Budget Pick: APACE VISION CLIP-ON LED SAFETY LIGHTS
These slim, compact, and lightweight safety lights are the most versatile little LEDs you will ever see. They have three different lighting modes: fast flash, slow flash, and steady for different light levels in the environment. With their battery life of more than a hundred hours and effortless clip-on style, they are perfect for outdoor activities like hiking, walking, jogging, etc.
A pair of these lights come with a mini screwdriver, hook and loop fasteners, an elastic strap, and four extra batteries. You also get a 100% 30-day money-back guarantee. Overall, these are great lights for night time running to light up your path or make you visible on a dark road.
- Get to choose one of the five different colors, including blue, green, orange, pink, and red.
- They're very lightweight and easy to carry.
- Three light modes give you customizability based on environmental needs.
- They have a secure grip on clothes, bands, collars, and straps.
- These lights are great for dog walking as well.
- Even though the company's claims differ, they are not practically resistant to sweat or water.
Our Luxury Pick: TRACER360 REFLECTIVE AND ILLUMINATED VEST
If you are a fan of LED backpacks or other such fun wardrobe items, you will love this idea. This reflective vest has illuminated straps and an elastic band to keep the best in place. You can switch between 6 different bright colors, including orange, purple, green, pink, blue, and red. Plus, you also get five different multi-color flashing modes.
This vest provides 360-degree illumination, fluorescence, and reflectivity to give you a clear visual of your surroundings and make you visible for the traffic. The best part is that it is breathable, extremely lightweight, and very easy to wear.
- The vest has a unisex design so that both men and women can wear it.
- You can adjust the Tracer360 vest to fit your physique.
- They are comfortable to wear and very lightweight.
- The vest is overall weatherproof to protect it from rain and snow.
- It comes in three different sizes: extra large, medium, and small.
- The item is not easy to clean.
- It tightens your clothing against your body, which leads to more sweating and may be uncomfortable for some people.
HOKOLIN OUTDOOR NIGHT RUNNING LIGHTS
These running lights are very convenient in the sense that you can attach and detach them at any time. Their 150 lumens brightness and four lighting modes make them efficient but also customizable. You can change, manipulate, and control the brightness of light based on the needs and preferences.
Plus, they are effortless to use. You can clip the lights on your bag strap, shirt, or trousers to face forward and light up your path. They are rechargeable, you can use any regular USB cable, and their battery lasts for 4 to 8 hours straight.
- You don't have to worry about sizes.
- They are straightforward to use.
- USB rechargeable technology makes them very convenient for traveling.
- Small size and lightweight design are easy to store, wear, and carry.
- Four different settings make them versatile.
- Attaching them to thin straps or loose shirts will make them fall off during activity.
ALOVECO OUTDOOR NIGHT RUNNING LIGHTS
Another LED chest light with a rear warning light and convenient design is this one by Aloveco. Unlike other clip-on designs, this one has elastic bands, and you can wear it like a vest. It has one white light in the front and eight red ones at the back. Hence, it will not only lighten up your path but will also make you visible for the traffic.
Other than that, you get three different light modes with 250 lumens and visibility of more than 20 meters. You can quickly charge the 1200mah battery from power banks and computers using the USB ports and cables.
- The lights are lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- The brightness is convenient and efficient for dark and lowlight conditions.
- They're great for both front and rear visibility.
- The USB rechargeable battery is suitable for portability.
- The design is waterproof, so you don't have to worry about wearing it in the rain or snow.
- You don't get any color or size choices for this product.
VONT SPARK LED HEADLAMP FLASHLIGHT
If you are more of a headlamp kind of a person, consider these by Vont. They are long-lasting, Ultra-bright, and have a maximum battery life of more than 90 hours. The seven light modes make it extremely versatile and customizable for different light conditions.
What's more, the design is ergonomic, portable, and waterproof. It has a 45-degree tilt to avoid strain on your neck and make the headlight comfortable for you. Plus, this headlight has a lifetime warranty with 24-hour support from the manufacturing company.
- The headlights are adjustable and comfortable to wear.
- They are also waterproof, sweat-proof, and drop-resistant for durability and long-lasting design.
- The seven light modes make it extremely customizable and versatile.
- It has a large battery life.
- The visibility coverage of the led is better than most competitors.
- These are not rechargeable.
- You don't get an elaborate instruction manual with the headlights.
KNUCKLE LIGHT COLORS
Lightweight, compact, and waterproof- what else does one ask for in a knuckle light? They are comfortable to wear and take off, they don't require a lot of maintenance, and they're perfect for all types of activities. The straps are adjustable and very comfortable to wear. Plus, they are one-size-fits-all and non-slip designs.
With 120 lumens, it features three different settings of light, including blinking, high, and low strobe settings. Overall, they are a quick, easy, and convenient option for your late-night outdoor activities.
- You get to choose from 4 different colors, including blue, orange, black, and pink.
- They are 100% waterproof, so you don't have to worry about the environment or sweat damaging it.
- The lightweight design makes them very convenient to carry.
- They are perfect for both your vision and visibility.
- The light intensity of these knuckle lights is not as high as other running lights.
BSEEN LED RUNNING WAIST BELT
An illuminating belt is as modern and quirky as you can get. This one bye BSeen is a gorgeous piece. It is USB rechargeable, has a high LED visibility, rainproof, and very stylish. Plus, it's high-quality and very safe to use.
These belts have a USB rechargeable battery with 5 to 8 hours of battery life. The belt measures 100 cm in length and has elastic bands for adjustability, regardless of your physique and measurements.
- You can choose from four different options, including pink, orange, green, and blue.
- One-size-fits-all eliminates the issue of sizing.
- 360-degree visibility gives you a clear visual of your surroundings.
- The lightweight design doesn't weigh you down.
- Even though it is pretty adjustable, extra small or extra large sized people might have certain limitations while using this product.
LED SHOE CLIP NIGHT LIGHTS
Another stylish way to run in the dark is to add these LED clip lights to your shoes. They are fun, attractive, and you can get them in a variety of color palettes. Plus, they fit most shoes, so you don't have to worry about the sizing.
The bright LED lights visibly clear an area of up to half a mile and provide 70 to 100 hours of operation. They visibly light up your path and also make you stand out in the dark for the traffic. What's more, they are easy to clean, maintain, and use. Plus, they don't add a lot of extra weight to your shoes.
- You get a lifetime warranty with these shoe clip lights.
- You can choose from three different color options.
- They are incredibly affordable and budget-friendly.
- The water-resistant design increases its longevity and usability.
- You get to individual lighting modes for your convenience and customizability.
- These clip can lose their grip over time and potentially fall off your shoes.
EMMABIN ARMBANDS WITH LIGHT GLOW BANDS
Fun, stylish, and affordable, these arm glow bands are perfect for athletes who like to exercise during the night. They are one-size-fits-all and fit both children and adults. You can also use these as wrist and ankle bands, or place them on your biceps or forearm.
We provide Ultra bright 360-degree visibility with a replaceable battery and a 50 to 70 battery life. Overall, they supply safety, comfort, convenience, and style.
- You can choose from four different options, including pink, orange, blue, and green.
- They are incredibly adjustable and versatile.
- You get four armbands in a pack, which is very economical.
- The battery life of these glow bands is pretty good as well.
- You may face trouble with slippage when the band comes in contact with sweat.
Overall, the best lights for running at night are convenient, comfortable, and efficient. They should provide optimal light levels, enough to clear your way but not blind anyone. Plus, they shouldn't make you feel like you are carrying extra weight that slows you down. Based on your budget, likes, and dislikes, you can choose the best product for yourself and make your late-night runs more comfortable and safe!