If you're looking to mix it up (pun intended) and try out a clear whey protein powder instead of the typical vanilla and chocolate powders, you've come to the right place. Most clear whey protein powders are fruit-flavored.
Our Top Pick: ISO JYM Clear Whey Protein Isolate
Iso JYM is an absolutely delicious whey protein isolate PHD designed formulation utilizing a revolutionary ultra-cold filtration process that mixes CLEAR. This amazing technological breakthrough allows for the highest quality of protein to ensure rapid bioavailability while keep the native protein ratios intact. Iso JYM is an ideal protein for individuals looking for a high-quality, whey-only product.
ISO JYM Clear Whey Protein Isolate is our clear winner with some of the best flavor options including Bombsicle (ice pop), Grape Candy, Mango Lime, and Watermelon. Drinking this clear whey protein feels more like drinking a refreshing fruity beverage or sports drink, especially when mixed with ice. It mixes well and tastes better than most clear whey protein powders.
- Mixes well (doesn't foam or clump like many other brands)
- Best flavor options, all of which taste great (the watermelon is a tad bitter, so be warned if you are sensitive to bitter flavors)
- Price is more affordable than most other clear whey protein brands
- Only 90 calories of pure protein
- Can mix in other fruity flavored supplements like pre-workout, BCAAs, etc.
- Large scoop makes it easy to spill
- Not available in jumbo sizes for those who like to buy in bulk
Budget Pick: Protein2o 20g Clear Whey Protein Isolate Powder
Protein2o 20g Clear Whey Protein Isolate Powder is our budget pick for those who are more price sensitive or just want to give clear whey protein powder a try before committing to a more expensive option. This clear whey protein doesn't sacrifice on much and actually excels above some other brands by mixing in electrolytes to keep you hydrated. This makes it an excellent clear whey protein powder for people who sweat a lot in the gym or do a lot of cardio.
- By far the least expensive option available
- Electrolytes added in for hydration
- Only 90 calories of pure protein per serving
- No artificial sweeteners
- Mixes well with cold water
- Only one flavor: Orange Mango (which tastes more like orange creamsicle)
Other Great Options
MuscleTech Clear Whey Protein Isolate is another popular option and strikes a nice balance between flavor options and price. Muscletech is also a very large and reputable brand in the supplements industry, so you can be assured that ingredient quality is high.
- Easy to mix
- 3 good flavor options
- Affordably priced
- Foams a lot (takes some time for the foam to settle)
- Flavors are very sweet (might be a pro for some people)
Isopure Clear Whey Isolate Protein Powder is another great clear whey protein powder option that has the most flavor option among any brands: Watermelon Lime, Mango Lime, Mixed Berry, Pineapple Orange Banana, Tropical Punch, and Citrus Lemonade.
- Tons of flavor options
- Tastes great as a slushy with blended ice
- Mixes easily and doesn't clump or foam
- One of the more expensive options
SEEQ Clear Whey Isolate Protein is another great option with two flavor profiles: Blue Razz Freeze and Mango Pineapple. This clear whey protein powder also comes in a large tub than most other brands which is great for people who want each tub to last longer. Also, this one has BCAAs in it for an extra recovery boost
- Bigger tub
- Tastes great
- Mixes well with minimal foam
- 22g of protein in each serving + BCAAs
- Can be a bit grainy if you don't add enough water
Clear Whey Isolate is not just another protein shake. We’ve taken high-quality hydrolyzed whey protein isolate and created a light and refreshing alternative, that’s more like juice than a milky protein shake. Each delicious serving is packed with 20g of protein, that helps to grow and maintain important muscle, important whatever your fitness goal. Protein also helps you feel fuller for longer.
Myprotein Clear Whey Isolate is another great clear whey protein powder from a reputable brand. There are three flavors available: Dragonfruit, Lemonade, Peach Mango, and Strawberry.
- Reasonable price
- Both flavors taste great
- Reputable company
- Doesn't mix as well as some other options out there (mixes fine with a frother or blender)
- Mixes very well
- Tastes great (like jolly ranchers)
- Lingering after taste
- Smells weird